Welcome to the website of the project “Life Course Transitions and Trajectories of Persons with Disabilities in West African Societies“(LICOT-WASO). On our website you can find information about the project’s objectives and concept as well as the work of the researchers involved.
LICOT-WASO at a glance
- Project: Life Course Transitions and Trajectories of Persons with Disabilities in West African Societies (LICOT-WASO)
- Term: 09 | 2020 – 08 | 2023
- Implemented by: Centre for Planning and Evaluation of Social Services (ZPE) │University of Siegen (Germany) & Department of Social Work │ University of Ghana
- Funded by: German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF)
- Objectives: Establishing a joint research focus on disability and life course at the University of Ghana and the University of Siegen by engaging 8 PhD students from university of Ghana to conduct research on disability and life course in West African Societies